Realm is a cloud-based member website. It is where we can register for events, take class attendance, manage our profiles, view the church directory, make a contribution or tithe, post ideas, questions, prayer requests, etc. in our group(s), view and track your current contribution statement, view the church calendar… Realm is Worthington Christian Church online!
Realm accounts require three pieces of information in order to create an account: your full name, your email address and your birth date.
Realm uses your full name and email address to confirm that you are you. If the church doesn’t have that information on file, you will not be able to create an account. If that’s you, please contact the church office with that information and we’ll add you to our database.
The reason for the birth date is due to federal law, specifically the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). All Realm users are required to be 13-years-old and older, which is why Realm asks for your date-of-birth. If you don’t want your age displayed in your profile, no worries! Realm will only display your birth date — not your birth year.
The ‘Realm Connect’ App
Realm is in constant development. We see updates, on average, every two weeks. Be aware that changes made to the software may cause some, or part, of the guide below to be obsolete or inaccurate. We will do our best to update the guide as needed.
The RealmWIKI is also a good resource.
Creating an Account
From that point, there are three simple steps:
- Follow the prompts on the page. Input your email address and create a password (then confirm your password). Click the box that says, “I’m not a robot” and then click the blue ‘Register’ button.
- Check your email for instructions.
- Follow the instructions in the email and fill in the required fields to complete registration.
That’s it! You should now have an account in Realm. If you have any questions, please contact the church office at 614-885-8389 or email@example.com.
The first thing you will see when you log into Realm is your newsfeed. This is where you will see the latest posts from your group(s), events and/or photos. If you navigate away from this page and wish to go back, simply click “News” from the main menu.
To view your profile, click your name at the top right, then click “My Profile.” This will take you to your profile page. From here you are able to edit your profile or manage your privacy.
Your listing in Realm (name, primary phone number, primary email, mailing address and photo) is viewable by all WCC members with a Realm account. (No, your profile will NOT be viewable outside of Realm.) This means that Realm is our online digital directory for all church members and regular attenders!
However, if you wish to make your profile private, you may do so. To change your privacy settings, just follow the steps below:
- Click your first name (located at the top right corner of the page if viewing from a web browser on a desktop computer).
- Click on the link, ‘Manage Privacy.’
- You’re now able to edit your privacy settings.
- Select the privacy setting that you’re most comfortable with.
- Click “Save.”
Children’s Photos & Profiles
By default, children’s photos & profile information are hidden from the congregation. However, teachers and group leaders will be able to see a child’s photo but not necessarily their profile information — that privacy setting is up to you to change. Once a child becomes an adult, their photo and contact information will be viewable by the congregation (unless they edit their privacy settings to remain hidden).
There are two ways you can view our church events.
The first is by checking out our Events page on the site.
The second is by logging into Realm and either scrolling through your newsfeed (events will appear in order by date-of-post) OR by clicking ‘Events’ from the main menu on the left (this will list ALL events on the calendar, even the ones that don’t require registration, in chronological order).
The instructions below details how to register for an event within Realm. As always, if you have any problems, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
- Find the event you wish to register for in your newsfeed (posts appear in order of date posted, not date of event) and click ‘Register.’
- Select additional family members who will attend. If guests are allowed, and you’d like to bring someone, click ‘Add Guest.’
- If this is an event that requires payment, click ‘Next’ to view the event cost details. Otherwise, you may click ‘Register.’
- Depending on the event, you may have the option to ‘Pay Now’ or ‘Pay Later.’ For events that require payments or a deposit, you MUST pay at the time of registration in order to successfully sign up.
- Choose your online payment account. You may click ‘Add New Payment Method’ if you don’t have a payment account or wish to add a new one. On the following screen, enter your payment information and click ‘Save.’ If you already have a payment account, select it from the Account drop-down.
- Click ‘Register.’ Check your email for a confirmation message from firstname.lastname@example.org.
To edit who’s coming:
- Click ‘Events’ to view the events you’re signed-up for (they will appear in a different color).
- Click the name of the event.
- Click ‘Edit Who’s Coming’ then make the needed changes, and click ‘Update.’
NOTE: You can only use the ‘Edit Who’s Coming’ function while registration is still active. If Registration has closed and you need to edit who is coming (or cancel) you will need to contact the ministry leader in charge of the event or the church office (614-885-8389).
Each Realm user has control over their notification settings and it is up to the individual to choose to receive a notification. Leaders can view notification settings for each member in a group. This helps you know how members receive notifications for messages and posts. Leaders, you may want to ask your group members to turn their notifications ‘ON’ if you plan to post or send messages to your group.
To Edit Your Notification Settings
- Click your name (located at the top right corner), and select “Email Settings.”
- Change your settings as needed.