At some point in our lives, we all need to make a decision about Jesus. Following him isn’t a religion — it’s a forever relationship.
Sermon preached on September 29, 2019.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- In this passage the Spirit tells Philip where to go. Share a time when you felt the Spirit leading you to talk with/or help someone. Did you find this situation easy or difficult?
- If you were to describe the “good news about Jesus,” how would you describe it? What passage of scripture would help you describe it best?
- After hearing about Jesus the eunuch said, “Look here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” Why do you think the eunuch responded this way? What are some reasons that would “stand in the way” of someone making this decision?
- Read Acts 2:37-38. After hearing the message of Jesus, they were cut to the heart. How does the gospel message move you? How would you share the message with someone else?
YOUR CALL TO ACTION:
- Who is someone you can pray for this week to make a decision to follow Jesus? Here are some additional scriptures to help you share the good news about Jesus – Romans 6:23; Romans 5:16-18; Colossians 2:13-14; Romans 10:9-11; Romans 6:1-5.