Reach Out: Jesus and the Leper
“Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man.” (Mark 1:41)
A relationship with Jesus changes everything. Jesus loves “the least of these” just as much as he loves “the most of these.”
Sermon preached on October 13, 2019.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Read Leviticus 13:45-46. What’s your immediate reaction to these verses? How do you think you would respond if you came across someone with this description?
- Read Mark 1:40. What do you notice about the man’s request? What type of emotion do you think he would have when he presented Jesus with this request? What would a healing mean for him and how would it change his life?
- Jesus touched the man. What would be at risk for Jesus touching him? Why do you think he touched him instead of healing him a different way?
- It’s been said that people in a post-Christian culture will not respond to logic, but they will respond to love. Why are love and kindness vital tools in sharing Jesus?
YOUR CALL TO ACTION:
- Who’s your one? What can you do this week to help take steps toward sharing Jesus with this person?
If this is your first time watching one of our sermons, or your twentieth, we’d love to hear from you! Please consider filling out an online Connect Card.