Reach Out: Who is your one?
Jay Scott, our senior minister, invited Arron Chambers, from Journey Christian Church in Greeley, Colorado to speak on reaching out to someone who is yet to know Jesus.
Jesus wants “lost people” to be found. To help us understand how we can help reach people for Jesus, we discuss three parables. In all three, there is celebration when what is lost (their “one”) is found.
“Who is your one? Do you love them? Are you willing to celebrate their return?”
Sermon preached on October 20, 2019.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Have you ever experienced the joy of finding a lost object? Describe how the object was found.
- To which story do you most relate: the lost sheep, the lost coin, or the lost son? Why?
- Share the last time that you physically ran? What made you run? (a kid, exercise, etc.) Read Luke 15:20. What makes God run? What does that reveal to you?
- What was Jesus trying to convey with these three parables? What was he trying to tell the Pharisees who muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them”?
YOUR CALL TO ACTION:
- What is one thing you can do to help share Jesus with your one?
If this is your first time watching one of our sermons, or your twentieth, we’d love to hear from you! Please consider filling out an online Connect Card.