Spiritual growth happens when we say Jesus is enough.
When Jesus is enough, we crave spending time with him and growing in our relationship with him. A question we all have to ask ourselves in our spiritual journey is, “What’s my next step?”
What’s my next step of spiritual growth?
Sermon preached on October 28, 2019.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Describe some of the things in your life that give you the most fulfillment.
- When was a time in your life where you really felt close to God? What makes that particular time stick out to you?
- In 1 Peter 2:2, Peter writes to “crave pure spiritual milk.” What do you think he means by this? What word stands out to you most in this phrase?
- Read 1 Peter 1:17-18. In what ways do we “crave” the perishable things of life? What does the prophet Jeremiah say about this in Jeremiah 2:13?
YOUR CALL TO ACTION:
- As a group, make a commitment to each other to read scripture this week. Next week we’ll begin by talking about what we read and how reading scripture affected our week.
If this is your first time watching one of our sermons, or your twentieth, we’d love to hear from you! Please consider filling out an online Connect Card.