Reach Up: Press On
- Stay in the game.
- Stay positive.
- Stay with others.
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14)
Please Note: This sermon does include mention of suicide. If you or someone you know is suffering from thoughts of suicide, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 in the USA.
Sermon preached on November 10, 2019.
If this is your first time watching one of our sermons, or your twentieth, we’d love to hear from you! Please consider filling out an online Connect Card.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- After you’ve made a decision about something, do you keep obsessing about your decision or do you move on after the decision has been made?
- Read Philippians 3:13-14. What prize is Paul talking about and why do you think that goal is his motivation? How does that prize motivate you?
- Read Philippians 3:17. How does relational community and perseverance work together? Have you experienced a situation where this was evident?
- This might be a little different, but let’s try it. If you were to give your own self encouragement, what would you say to yourself right now?
YOUR CALL TO ACTION:
- Find someone to encourage this week and find a special way to show them encouragement.