Ladies, we know how busy the summer months can be. We realize getting together to study God’s word (either in-person or through Zoom) can be difficult, yet it is so important to continue to develop our one-on-one time with God—not just to grow in our knowledge, but to continue to be accountable and encouraged by one another. For these reasons, the Women’s Bible Study team will offer a daily devotional you can participate in beginning Monday, June 6 through Tuesday, August 23. All you need to do is sign up!
We will read through Proverbs and the first 41 chapters of Psalms this summer. Why Proverbs and Psalms? Because what we need most in this world today is wisdom and guidance on how to respond appropriately to the anger, evil, pain and confusion! Proverbs shows us how to gain wisdom and to embrace God’s definition of right and wrong. Psalms shows us we are not to ignore our pain nor the hope we have in God. This book also shows us how to pray and grow closer to the Lord.
Beginning Monday, June 6, we will send out a Daily Devotional (Monday through Friday) on the Book of Proverbs first then the first 41 Psalms to everyone who has registered to participate. These devotionals will continue until August 23.
- The devotions are from “Spoken Gospel” and will include a short three-minute video that will help you to better understand the one to three chapters of the Bible text that you will be reading each day. (If you would rather read the devotions, a written text will be included in the email.)
- We will also send short videos from Bible Project and Spoken Gospel to give you a better understanding of these wonderful books in the Bible.
For those interested we will meet in-person or by Zoom to discuss Proverbs:
- Thursday, June 23 at Noon, for lunch at Highbanks Park (or at the church if inclement weather)
- Thursday, June 23, on Zoom 7:00-8:00 PM
For those interested we will meet in-person or by Zoom to discuss the first 41 Psalms:
- Thursday, August 25 at Noon, for lunch at Highbanks Park (or at the church if inclement weather)
- Thursday, August 25, on Zoom 7:00-8:00 PM
We pray that many of you will want to connect with God each day, knowing there are other women who are also studying God’s Word with you!
We will resume the in-person and Zoom Bible studies in September.
If you have any questions, please contact Peggy Fenstermaker.